Saigon, Vietnam: day 1
Dear reader, please note that we selected this hotel due to its walking proximity to my childhood’s home which is now my aunt’s home. It is about 15 motorbike ride in to Saigon central (2 Km or about 1 1/2 mile) but about 5 minutes taxi ride (1 Km or about 1/2 mile) to the SGN (Tan Son Nhat) airport. The hotel is by no mean luxury but make a great overnight/layover accommodation due to its location if you have an early flight to catch, coming from the province.
Well, since I didn’t do the booking and we wanted it to be as close to my childhood home as possible, this will be suffice for 2 nights.
Overall, I would label this as a guest house/budget motel instead of hotel. Nothing luxurious but having access to a working AC made it bearable during the day time for me. I stayed in the hotel mostly during the day to work and to shelter from the tropical heat or just sleep at night. The rest of the time, I spent it at my aunt visiting or exploring Saigon.
All in all, if you need basic accommodation at an affordable rate with close proximity to the SGN international airport, this might work for you. If you’re traveling to Saigon, Vietnam, you can still stay at this hotel and keep it under $30.00 USD/day budget.
- Near the airport
- Walking distance to the market.
- You can save on food, drinks by purchasing from the market or eat like the local.
- Not in a tourist area which you can avoid many tourist trap.
- Breakfast included in the price (eggs, baguette and drink of choice). The restaurant is on the 2nd floor with street view in the front part of the hotel. You can dine and people watch at the same time
- Onsite restaurant
- Located on a main street. Can be loud/noisy if you’re NOT yet used to the noise level.
- Not centrally located in downtown
Price: $20 USD, double (Jan 2011)
Loại khách sạn:
Địa chỉ: 138 Lê Văn Sỹ,
P. 10, Q. Phú Nhuận,
Tp Hồ Chí Minh
Địa phương: Quận Phú Nhuận